Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Baby Boy

I couldn't make a baby girl card without making one for a baby boy, too. And I didn't even use a stamp on it!  Probably a first for me.

I was inspired by Inspiration Emporium's Inspiration Journal to try a different technique. The background was made using a wax paper resist technique on glossy card stock  For this technique, I used a Sizzix embossing folder with wax paper, then ironed the wax paper on glossy card stock with a sheet of copy paper between to protect the iron surface. I then distressed the glossy card stock with Tumbled Glass Distress Ink.This was the first time I've tried this, and I love how this turned out.



I used Tim's Honeycomb Frameworks die to make the honeycomb out of a scrap (egads! my brown scrap drawer is almost empty!), added a designer paper scrap strip, edged with Tumbled Glass and a  very old Soft Spoken dimensional sticker from my stash.

The flowers were made using Tim's Tattered Florals die. I used watercolor paper colored with Tumbled Glass and Broken China Distress Inks for the large flower, which is supposed to be a peony.  I followed the tutorial on Frilly and Funkie Challenge Blog to make this.  I love how her's turned out--it looked like the real thing, but who's ever seen a blue peony?? The little flowers were cut from the copy paper I used to protect my iron while doing the wax paper resist.  In person you can see the pattern transferred onto this paper, too. I used some stamens I got  several years ago from the baking aisle in our craft store for the centers.  The leaf is one from my stash--probably from a yardsale.



Thank you for stopping by and taking a look.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:
Paper Crafting Challeges #16 Baby
Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door Anything Goes Challenge
Clear It Out Challenge Theme/Stash Anything Goes (I don't think I cleared too much out!)
 Inspiration Emporium Everything Goes

14 comments:

  1. So very pretty! The background looks fantastic! Love the beautiful blossoms Sara! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you; so nice to hear from you--one who creates such beautiful work and flowers!

      Delete
  2. I adore that flower. So pretty! Especially the blue color! :)
    I giggled a bit when I read that your scraps were dwindling. Honey, that's a good thing! That means you've got a creative soul! :)
    Thank you for sharing your work with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. I enjoyed visiting you blog. ~Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a nice comment about my flower! I think they will get better with practice--this is my first time making the peonies.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful project...TF joining us @ CIO hope you stop by again real soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why, thank you! I'm sure I will; the inspiration is great!

      Delete
  4. Lovely card! That flower brings so much excitement to this card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Paper Crafting Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully designed card, thank you for joining TTCRD this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous card! so sweet and soft! the flowers are absolutely amazing as well!! Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out Challenge, best of luck!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and leaving your sweet comment. I'm happy with how the flowers turned out as well, for the first time making them. I imagine they will get better with practice.

      Delete
  7. Pretty background, I haven't done this in forever, I need to try it again!
    Thanks for joining us in the Inspiration Journal challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting on the background. I've used a similar wax paper technique, but it was done differently, with a very different result. It was fun trying something new.

      Delete
  8. I really appreciate your encouraging comment. Thank you for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.