Friday, August 22, 2014

My Mind Wanders

I made a little fridge frame for the Fashionable Stamping Challenge Make Us Laugh.  They are offering up a very generous prize to the winner--$20 to spend at Flonzcraft.com.   They want to see something funny on our project, so I had to break out a stamp I've recently acquired.  The image and sentiment are from Stampin' Up. It's so tiny and fit perfectly in a little frame I picked up at a yard sale recently.


The background is a scrap of cardstock I had painted with Distress Inks and did some reverse stenciling on that was sitting in my "use this sometime" box.

I painted the image with Distress Markers and a water pen, making stripes on the arm chair and Picket Fence dots on her skirt.  I highlighted the woman's glasses with Glossy Accents to make them look more realistic.  I hope it shows up in this close up.  I know my inky fingers do! I fussy cut the image.  I used a Nestibilities die to make the label, embossed and left the die in place to act as a mask when I applied my colored Distress Ink.  After removing the die, I edged it and the image in Vintage Photo Distress Ink.  Both were fastened to the background with dimensional foam squares.


I painted the frame with gesso; then after it dried, I wiped Distress Stains and Distress Ink on it.  I assembled the piece into the frame, and now have something silly to put on my desk!

Thanks for stopping by! I hope this made you laugh!

I would like to enter this in Fashionable Stamping Challenge #79 Make Us Laugh and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Anything Goes

6 comments:

  1. very funny card. Thanks so much for playing with us at FSC. Kerstin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for leaving your comment--This was a fun challenge and I was happy to finally get to use this stamp set.

      Delete
  2. Such a fun and beautiful creation. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really appreciate your stopping by and leaving your kind comment. This was a fun project to make.

      Delete
  3. Such a funny image and quote, but know the feeling!
    Thanks for sharing with us at FSC
    Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and for me, it was a challenge to figure out how to use it!

      Delete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.