Sunday, December 13, 2015

12 Tags of Christmas-Funkie Junkie Style-Week 5

Hello everyone! Today I want to share with you my version of Linda's 12 Tags of Christmas Week 5. Again, it's a card, because I'm really behind on my Christmas cards.  Thanks so much, Linda, for the inspiration!


Here is Linda's tag, from which I drew my inspiration.  Specifically, I was inspired by her Evergreen Bough background and her gold sparkly trees and stars on her festive tag. I also loved the background stamping in those scribbly trees, but I don't have them.


Now even though I love that Evergreen Bough colored background, I deepened mine a bit. I blended  my card with Evergreen Bough Distress ink, then spritzed with Dylusions White Linen and dried.I sprayed with Evergreen Bough Distress spray and then with water. I dried then blended with Pine Needles randomly, then did the spritz and flick routine.  I edged in Ground Expresso and splattered with  watered down white acrylic paint. I stamped with snowflakes from Tim Holtz Merry Christmas with Watering Can Archival ink.


I used the Woodlands die for my tree, using both the die cut and the negative.  I  used the negative space to make the background by taping it onto card, and painting through the open space with Glossy Accents. Then gave it a good coat of Distress Glitter Dust.  I love this stuff, but it really should come with a warning from the Surgeon General  on the label.  I almost went blind fussy cutting my tree--the shine is so brilliant, it's like staring at the sun! I shifted the die cut, so a little of the glitter would peek out behind the branches and adhered it to the fussy cut backing. As you know, glitter can be very difficult to capture with the camera, so you will have to use your imagination on how much sparkle this gives off.


My sentiment is Tim's Handwritten Holidays and the foliage from Festive Greenery. The star is a stamp from Tim's Grunge Cirque set, embossed using the Glitter Dust. That's it for today! Only three more to go! Linda's shop The Funkie Junkie Boutique is generously sponsoring this challenge with THREE gift vouchers to three lucky winners and everyone who participates and follows the rules will receive a 15 % off coupon for a January order!  How wonderful is that?! (I almost forgot to follow the rules!)

 I hope you are finding time to find some joy in this busy season! My family got to enjoy my daughter's lovely Christmas Choral Concert at a beautiful church downtown this evening.  She is in a choir called the Voyagers, and they played and sang for one and a half  beautiful hours. In a piece called Stars written by Eriks Esenvalds, they played wine glasses filled with water as they sang, and stars were projected onto the beautiful church walls and ceiling!  It truly was a treat to see and hear, and wish I could share it with you, but no recordings or photography was permitted. I did take this photo of the huge stain glass widow before the concert. the choir assembled directly below it. It was even more beautiful when they turned down the lights and the "stars" came out!


I would like to enter my card into the following inspiring challenges:

Thank you for stopping by and for all your inspiring comments!
Hugs and Christmas Blessings!
Sara Emily




12 comments:

  1. So fabulous how you created the background with the inspirational color, and then expanded on that with other wonderful tones and colors. It looks fantastic, as does your tree - very clever how you offset it a tad to show that glitter. Beautiful card, Sara! xxx Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great tag! Love the colors!

    Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.

    Jytte, DT :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hearing you talk about the concert brought back great memories for me Sara - thank you. So thankful you can take a small break and enjoy those things this season. This card is truly lovely. That tree is fabulous - love the way the glitter shades it in just the right places and the offsetting too. I still stick with my favorite but this one is towards the top too. Just BEAUTIFULLY PEACEFUL and STUNNING. j.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sara, you really are on a roll with these 12 tags! I think this may just be my new favourite, the background is beautiful and the glittery tree is stunning. I have not had much luck with the tree die but this makes me want to get it out and have another go!

    Thanks so much for joining in our 'Vintage Christmas' challenge at A Vintage Journey, always lovely to see you there. Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This background color is my all time FAVORITE, I mean it just draws me in! Love the contrast on this one. The darker stamped snowflakes work so well and love the star! Great take!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the gorgeous gold and white tree - so cool how you achieved that glitter on the negative space - brilliant! Thanks so much for joining us on A Vintage Journey.
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your holiday card is gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is my new fave, probably until I see the next but for the time being its my new. Love the deepened green background and the flicking action with the white paint. This is absolutely amazeballs! How creative to use the negative and offset the tree so that the blindingly amazing glitter can be seen! I was almost blinded by your picture! Lol! Keep em comin! Hugz to you muffin!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card!! And how wonderful about your daughters concert!! I would love to see one!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. We definitely are being spoiled with these fabulous Linda cards Sara. Thanks for joining us at Frilly and Funkie. Jenny x

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful tag. ♥
    Thank you for joining us at Card and Scrap.

    Be sure to check out our DT Call as well.

    Hugs Line.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for playing along with my challenge 'Wish Upon A Star' over at Our Creative Corner! Love this Sara, gorgeous sparkly stars! Trish x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.