Monday, March 13, 2017

Enjoy! Pink and Feminine Springtime Card

Hello friends and visitors! Welcome back! I took some much needed crafting time in the Closet, after serendipitously finding inspiration on the Internet last night.


 I'm laughing hysterically as I write this, because I read this morning on her blog that the same card that inspired  my friend Autumn of SewPaperPaint was the beautiful card by Audrey Pettit that inspired me! Last night I was looking for Tim's new Motivational stamps to see if I needed them, when I found Audrey's beautiful card. When I saw it, I just knew I had to use this coneflower by Tim Holtz on my card AND do a little sewing! So into the Closet I went for a little late night/early morning inky time!





This card came together quickly, as cards do. I embossed some watercolor paper with a yet unused embossing folder by Tim Holtz, swiped with Versamark to hit the high spots and heat embossed with some old Stampin' Up embossing powder. Out came the Worn Lipstick Distress Oxide for it's debut, and a hint of Vintage Photo Distress Oxide to give it some age. I think the thing that took the longest on this card was threading the needle of my sewing machine. Now I remember why I don't like to sew! But the results are worth it, don't you think? If anyone has a tip on threading that tiny hole, please let me know! I will in return send a month's worth of hugs or all my reader glasses and needle threading devices that don't help!


I really wanted to do my background in butterflies, but my only butterfly embossing folder or stencil has huge insects on it. So I chose this little strip folder also by Tim Holtz to make a belly band. I edged it with some lace I found on the road while taking a walk the other day.



The Tim Holtz flower is colored with Distress inks and markers, using my water pen and more colors were floated in the background. I stamped it once on the card, and again, on water color paper, painted it, then just like Autumn (The irony kills me! I think Autumn and I were twins separated at birth.), I stamped over it - the flower petals in Worn Lipstick, shifting it a bit on purpose to get more petals, and the seed head in Frayed Burlap, fussy cut it, and popped it off the card,  purposefully off setting it just a smidge so you can see the shadow of petals peeking out below.


 
The delightfully fluffy ribbon is a beautiful gift from my lovely friend Samra of Paper Talk With Samra. Thank you, Samra! Please be sure to visit her blog-she makes the most amazing elegant cards and is such an incredible inspiration to me! Of course I had to add a favorite vintage button from my collection, and died the button thread with Picked Raspberry stain.



These are the challenges I am participating in:

Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #34-"Buttons" Just the one, but added just for you!


Thank you for stopping in today and for all your wonderful comments! I read and appreciate each one, and really will eventually get back to visit you when my computer cooperates!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily


29 comments:

  1. OK, I read every word and what stood out to me most (not that we were separated at birth (I already knew that one)) but that you found lace on the side of the road! I dream of walking through fields and finding lace and rust and buttons and old coins! No really, I dream that I am on a swing set and kick my feet into the dirt to get going or to stop and see change and I dig with joy in the dirt finding coins. I'm weird, yes. But how I wish I could find stray lace!!! That has to be the coolest thing ever. Since I'm gut pouring here, my lovely friend was buried last week. She and I loved to sew and she shared so many pieces of vintage lace with me when she was destashing a year or so ago. I think lace has a story to tell! Well, I just love that we both CASEd the same card and both came out with an equally distressed and grungy floral design, so so different, but equally grungy. LOL! I was too lazy to sew mine, but you are right, that makes a huge difference! Beautiful SE! Just beautiful! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I think it is funny AND enjoyable when our friends are inspired by the same things we are, or when they end up having the same art goodies in their stash, even tho we were not together when we purchased them. Your "shabby feminine pretty in pink" creation is pure delight and utterly girly! Beautiful all the way, Sara! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I really do believe that you and Autumn were separated at birth - lol! Your card is gorgeous, I love the pinks, the gorgeous butterflies and ribbon and of course, the stunning cone flower! You did a wonderful job of CASEing Audrey's card!

    I love sewing but am not so good at threading needles these days either but sometimes rubbing a little soap (from a bar of soap) on the end stiffens it a bit. Other than that there are those cheap little needle threaders that come with those inexpensive mini sewing kits.... Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How funny you and Autumn CASEed the same card!! This is so gorgeous!! The texture is amazing!! I love the colors and the beautiful flower!! The layers and details are perfect!! The sewing is fabulous and I love the ribbon!! So, so stunning!!

    When I have trouble threading the needle, I grab one of the cheap needle threaders that Anne was talking about. Works every time :) Have a great evening, my friend!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Sara, love the colour tones you've use. I saw Autumn's card too - such a coincidence!
    I always cut my threat on an angle, I do find it helps when threading needles.
    Hugs, Avril xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO pretty in pink, Sara! Love that gorgeous bow, too! Thanks for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty rustic card Sara Emily! I am glad that you were able to use some of the ribbon I sent you. Thank you for the shout out my dear :)
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooow, what a super pretty card this is, Sara! I also believe that you and Autumn were separated at birth :)
    I love everything about your card, your yummy colors, fabulous textures, amazing layering, that beautiful fluffy bow, just everything! It's a rustic gem, my friend! I especially love your sewing!
    I also have trouble threading the needle and I use that cheap needle threader all the time. It helps a lot.
    Have a wonderful day, my lovely! Big hugs! Branka xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I definitely enjoyed reading this post and seeing this gorgeous pink card, it's beautiful. You and Autumn are two peas in a pod lol. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A really petty card in such lovely shades of pink, many thanks for joining us at Penny Black and More challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I love all the details and elements on your card. Your flower turned out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Popped in after visiting Autumn's blog....What a stunning card you've made. Absolutely love the colours, the techniques and the texture. So very pretty, lots to look at and admire. Thank you for the inspiration and I do have a needle threader, which really is useful, along with the glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your card Sara, a fab design and super vintage tones.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOWZERS! This is absolutely GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't that the funniest thing about you and Autumn being inspired by exactly the same card!! Just goes to show, you two are peas in a pod for sure!! Well you may have been inspired by the same card, buy the two of you made completely your own versions, how wonderful to see! I just love all the pink, hellloooooo! Your background is amazing and I think the strip of butterflies worked so beautifully with the addition of the lace, wow! Your center panel is amazing, love the coneflower and the fancy oval die cut. The bow is wonderfully shabby, and the stitched edges are a fantastic touch!! As for threading the darned needle on the sewing machine, I use a needle threader and it works so well!! You can usually pick them up at a dollar store. If you can't find one for sale on it's own, then pick up a little emergency sewing kit, there's always one in there!! OK, send me my month of free hugs now please!! lol. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Sara Emily! So feminine and delicate!
    I have to tell you I was laughing while reading cuz, I had a visual of you with a measuring tape draped around your shoulders,reading glasses on the edge of your nose,pins in your mouth, while you are sitting in a tiny closet with a flshlight taped to your machine! LOL Did I nail it? ")
    hugs,Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty in pink! I love the additional stitching. My sympathies on threading the sewing machine. I bought a machine with a little device that pulls the thread through, or I would never sew. I love all the texture and wonderful layers here, Sara Emily! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at the Frilly and Funkie "Welcome Spring" Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is gorgeous, Sara Emily! Only you would find a piece of lace along your walk!! Love the soft colors and coneflowers are my favorite, love all of the details of your beautiful card. I also love that die behind your flower but, unless I missed it, didn't see it mentioned. Please do tell us which one it is. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's a stunning project Sara Emily. Absolutely gorgeous and yet it has your spin on it when compared to Audrey's card. I love the lush layers of pink with the way you have distressed this, so gorgeous and beautiful and I wish I could do this so well, fabulous work hun xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fun post Sara! I love that your card has a rather busy background (which is wonderfully done) and then the simplicity of the single flower makes a stunning overall impact. It's just soooo LOVELY. Xj.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is such a beautiful and delicate card Sara Emily. I love the sewing detail and soft pink shades. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card, Sara Emily - I just love the embossed and then embossed background, and then that strip of butterflies too. Such uplifting colour tones - just lovely.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous and pretty card.
    Thank you for sharing at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow this is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at We Love to Create!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love this card!! The pink, the ribbon, the flower - ah, just perfection!!! Thank you so much for playing with us at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  27. oh, what a pretty card! love all the pink. Thanks for sharing it with us at MMM. =)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh I had to laugh at you dearie! Hilarious turn of events it seems has happened while you made this card. You two could be twins. Lol! I can see the inspiration you found. Gorgeously gorgeous and that DO background is bananas and so Wowzers! Magnificent layers to the focal flower. Hot diggity! Hugz to you muffin! ~Punkin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.