Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Special Day Card-Scrapy Land Challenge #71

Hello friends and visitors! It's time for a new challenge at Scrapy Land, and the challenge is Anything Goes; in fact all challenges going forward will be Anything Goes, so there's no excuse not to join in the fun! Just be sure you project includes at least one die cut that Scrapy Land sells in their online shop.


I colored two Spellbinders doilies with DOX-Broken China. The Bird on Branch is Impression Obsession, treated with Distress Crazing medium and Mermaid Lagoon and Antique Linen crayons. 

My sentiment is Penny Black Splendid Wishes--a much loved gift from my good friend and teammate Lisa (A Mermaid's Crafts). I added Crazing and Mermaid Lagoon crayon.

The bird and sentiment are given center stage on a Sizzix Labels Thinlits die cut, colored with Tumbled Glass Distress ink.

The flowers are cut from crinoline using Sizzix Shabby Posies die by Tammy Tutterrow . They are colored with DOX-Broken China. There are many other flower dies here.  Greenery is cut using an old Sizzix Decorative Strip die-Spring Greenery. You could get this same look by using the Fresh Foliage die by Memory Box.




My papers are Lemoncraft Gossamer Blue I purchased from my friend and talented teammate, Lisa. I used a Tim Holtz mini stencil- Flourish and texture paste to give my card some texture. I added DOX in Broken China to give more depth.



That's all for me today! I hope you'll stop by Scrapy Land challenge blog to see all the amazing inspiration made by my talented teammates especially for you! Why not join our challenge this time? There are two $10 gift certificates to Scrapy Land for the winners--one randomly chosen and one chosen by the Design Team! Or you could be one of the team's favorites!

Challenges I am entering:
Mixed Media Monthly Challenge #39 - Inspiration Photo I was inspired by the flowers, the vines and the twin windows, represented by my doilies.

Thank you  for stopping in today and for all your wonderful comments!
Hugs and Blessings!
Sara Emily

20 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Sara Emily! Love all those branches and a pretty little bird :)
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card! The textures and colors you used blend so well together giving the card such a tranquil feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Sara Emily! I love the Lemoncraft papers to and the added paste adds so much texture and dimension! The dies are perfect that you used~love this pretty design!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a pretty card, Sara Emily! I love dies and the ones you used here look fantastic together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous! I love the colors and the bird looks amazing!! Fabulous card and design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! I love all that beautiful blue and the dies you used are gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-each time I visit I'm blown away! Beautiful! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's Anything Goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my gosh, this is amazing, Sara Emily!! The texture you achieve is so stunning!! I love the crackled bird and the way you did the sentiment - it looks like turquoise!! I love, love this, my sweet friend!! It's so spectacular!! I just love visiting you...I'm always so inspired!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card and such a lovely nest for the little bird. I love this blue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blue and white is always such a wonderful combination and I just love how you used them here, your card is beautiful, I love the layers, the texture, the little bird and the gorgeous crinoline flowers!! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely card Sarah Emily!! I too like the blue & white!!
    Jackie xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just WISH I could layer dies like you! Each and every shape in perfect place and harmony. A stunning and creative card my friend! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card and such a pretty little bird. Thank you for joining in the challenge on the We Love to Create blog x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love how you are incorporating the crinoline in your flowers, Sara Emily. I'll be looking for some next time I'm out by a Joann's. It surely does make a gorgeous flower, and must be easier to use in some ways, too, instead of paper. Today's card share is refreshing and gorgeous - it makes my soul happy! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely monotone card. What a great image and coloring. I love the design. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is so soft and beautiful, Sara Emily. I always wish I could layer cards the way you do. Just beautiful. Hugs :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sara your card is beautiful and that bird!! love the crackle effect on it! thanks so much for joining us this month at Mixed Media Monthly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous card ! Love the color and your design is fabulous !!!
    Hugs
    Maryvonne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments...they mean so much to me.